Tanker Market Outlook
- Global Outlook Themes
- Tanker Tonnage Demand/Supply
- Tanker Market Technicals
- Previous Freight Market Performance
- Freight Rate and Earnings Outlook
- Time Charter Rate Forecast
- Crude and Bunker Price Development
- Asset Market & Investment Projects
- Analytical Appendix
- Over 200 Figures/Tables
Is Shipyard Capacity Running Out?
*Available on the Blog Now*
In last couple of weeks, we have taken a deep look at different aspects of tanker fleet development moving forward, essentially arriving to the conclusion that in order for the market to recover, shipowners will have to delete some of their older tonnages and slow down the pace for tanker ordering. Instead, so far in 2021 we have seen a lot of vintage tonnage changing hands for what looks like premium prices as a well as a slew of orders for new tankers. All that while freight rates remain very low and in some cases below OPEX.