McQuilling Services Marine Data Analyst - New York
McQuilling Services is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill the Marine Data Analyst role in our Garden City, New York location. This is an entry-level position that reports to the Senior Advisor of McQuilling Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Marine Data Analyst will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Maintenance, distillation, analysis and presentation of data related to the energy and tanker markets including trade flow data of crude and refined products, oil supply and demand, tanker demand (ton-miles), refining capacity, vessel supply (orderbook, delivery schedule, deletion profile)
- Analyzing shipping and energy related data to produce periodic commentary and reports for McQuilling publications
- Maintain and contribute to enhancing company’s proprietary databases, including remotely-sensed vessel positions, vessel characteristics, company’s website, social media accounts, invoice database and data services subscriptions.
- Periodic ad-hoc analysis and report preparation for existing clients of McQuilling Services or McQuilling Partners when directed
- Contribute to project management activities for bespoke consulting projects including market analysis, report generation and presentation development
- Contribution to the management of the internship program and trainings
- Contribution to the management of vendor relationships for the supply of third-party data
- High proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SQL Server)
- Highly organized and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work well both independently and in a group setting
- Ability to meet on-going deadlines
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude and willingness to learn and grow in the job and company with an aggressive approach to assuming increasing levels of responsibility with time and experience in the job
- B.A., B.S., or similar degree in a technical discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) is strongly preferred
This particular position requires the qualified candidate to be a "United States worker" as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor regulations at 20 CFR 656.3. Read details here: https//www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2011-title20-vol3/pdf/CFR-2011-title20-vol3-sec656-3.pdf
McQuilling Partners Operation Intern - New York
We are pleased to announce the launch of the Operation Department Internship Program in the Garden City Office.
- A minimum of one (1) month and maximum of three (3) month internship program
- Preferred candidates may come from Maritime schools, including U.S. Merchant Marine Academy Kings Point, SUNY Maritime… etc.
- Interns will be interviewed and managed by Services, and will be trained and seated with Operation department
- Intern will have the opportunity to learn the daily routine of the operation department and receive professional guidance on the business side
All interested candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
McQuilling Partners Brokerage Positions Available - Worldwide
We are presently looking for qualified brokerage (Crude, DPP, CPP, Chemicals, Dry, Sale & Purchase) and operations candidates to join any of our worldwide offices. A minimum of 5 years' experience is required. Candidates must be accomplished self-starters, working as part of a commercial team. Candidates will have an excellent command of English, both orally and in written form. Candidates must have proficient computer skills with knowledge of applicable software.
Crude/DPP Broker Position Available – Singapore
We are currently seeking a qualified Crude/DPP shipbroker to join our chartering desk in Singapore. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience, be an accomplished self-starter and have the ability to work as part of a commercial team. Candidates should also possess an excellent command of English, both verbally and in written form and have proficient computer skills with knowledge of applicable software.
McQuilling Partners CPP Broker Position Available - Dubai
We are presently seeking a qualified CPP brokerage candidate to join our Dubai office. All candidates must be accomplished self- starters with the ability to work as part of a commercial team. Candidates will have a minimum of 5 years' experience, excellent command of English, both orally and in written form, proficient computer skills with knowledge of applicable software.